06 September 2010

Busking

One of the genuine and unexpected delights of my decision to write and submit my writing (risking rejection) has been a new awareness and appreciation of other creative artists.

When I listen to a busker's song, I hear behind it their courage and dreams, the risk they're taking in sharing themselves with their audience. But also their joy in doing so.

Creativity is part of what it means to be human. It is our expression of how we perceive beauty, our insight into our experience of life. Colour, serenity, rhythm, surprise. So many elements woven together.

Just knowing I've had the courage to share my creativity (something of myself) with the world is life-affirming. I feel like I've joined a community of risk-takers. We mightn't bungee jump, but we're definitely in free fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.