22 September 2010

It's been a VERY (and I don't usually capitalise) long time since Western Australia had any volcanic action. Consequently our soil is pretty poor. A volcano would be quite useful, but I'm not sure of the safest place to site it.

You think I've gone round the twist, don't you? Uh huh. I'm interested in the notion of geo-thermal energy, and apparently one of the side effects of some of the activity involved can be earthquakes. This sometimes happens with oil drilling, too. Who knew?

Anyway, I wondered if it was possible to take the earthquake activity one step further and indulge in some large scale creative landscaping.

Can humans create volcanoes? and would we really want to? Dangers? Benefits? And who'll bet the military are already working on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.