23 October 2010

Weekend Dreams

I'm content that my life is lived at the level of cheap cotton mats. But admiring beautiful Persian carpets costs nothing. So here's Claremont Rug Co.

I've thought about being rich. It seems owning expensive things, like Persian carpets or Impressionist paintings, would be a crushing responsibility. Can you imagine if you accidentally spilled something or the silverfish nibbled? Nope, there is a certain freedom in knowing I'll never be rich.

But I guess "rich" is something defined by degrees. My definition would be "able to buy every book I want without considering the budget." And if we're talking the realms of super-duper rich, I'd love to have an architect designed eco-house with every lovely idea I've sighed over in glossy magazines and earnest design blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.