04 November 2010

Romance Round the Net

For those with an interest in or wanting to write crime/forensic science, there's a new forensic psy blog, Witness, by Karen Franklin.

Maria Zannini offers some promo tips for authors over at Ian Healy's blog. I'm a big believer in the tip, "Be nice". Absolutely. Once you're online, any comment can come back to haunt you.

The Romance Reviews are looking for reviewers.

Kylie Griffin shares her (successful) agent hunting strategy.

Kat (BookThingo) highlights launch of Australian iBookstore.

The Book Pushers have an interview with Anne Sowards (who edits some of my favourite series, such as Kate Daniels by Ilona Andrews -- speaking of whom, here's the new cover for Magic Slays). The busy-ness of an editor's schedule makes intersting (daunting) reading.

And finally a question from Dear Author to gladden any novella writer's heart, Are our attention span's getting shorter? I know mine is! I can't remember the last time I indulged in an epic fantasy.

4 comments:

  1. Dang! You linked to something last week and I didn't have a chance to read it then. Guess I'll dig through your archives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which reminded me to put a link to the archives in the sidebar! Thanks, Tia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out, Jenny!

    Ref: Dear Author
    I've been saying this for years. I think that's why graphic novels have shot up in popularity. It's all about time--or lack of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria: Your blog tour's been great, full of funny stories and writing tips. And I'm another who's been saying for ages that time-poor requires shorter books.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.