17 November 2010

Self-organising Dust

By Pearson Scott Foresman [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons


I was thinking about what I could do without in life (household chores are right up there, pushing and shoving with politicians). Then I thought about what I could do with.

Well, two things I consider a waste of time are dusting/vacuuming and furniture shopping. So I have a solution.

Dust should possess the ability to self-organise into something useful, like furniture. We modify a model we like -- the dimensions of the armchair we want -- then day by day the dust in the house swirls into the framework, knits itself together and voila! at the end of the year, a new chair! No fuss, no furniture shopping. Bliss :)

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. Dust bunnies ganged up on me in the weekend. They made me break my husband's reading light. I should have known better--trying to face down a clan of dust bunny warriors was a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dust bunnies are cunning. Imagine ambushing you and taking out your husband's light! They *deserve* to be made into furniture :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.