16 November 2010

Writing Update

Two encouraging reviews for Angel Thief from Arkali at The Romance Reviews and Dhympna at The Culinary Carnivale. I don't know if reviewers know how important they are in authors' lives, but you are. Feedback, helpful crit and encouragement on the writing journey.

I don't want to jinx the flow of words so I haven't spoken much about my current project. It's still in the paranormal romance subgenre, but I think it has a sharper edge, almost urban fantasy. Can't talk about it. The heroine is insisting that I just get on with writing because she has a heap of trouble avalanching down on her and she needs to blast her way out.

So I have to finish this untitled work, go back to "Persian Flames" from the Out of the Bottle series and finish it, and then, and only then, can I get on with a historical romance that's been nagging me for...probably a year, when I stop to think about it. This is such a good story. I love the adventure stories from 1920s England, those by Sapper, Wodehouse, Agatha Christie, Margery Allingham and oh hell, my memory...the author of Berry and Co. I know that it was a tough time for many, many people, but the romantic fantasy world of flappers and cocktails and weekend houseparties is irresistible.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the good reviews! Love dark PNR and urban fantasy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eleri :) I fell in love with PNR/UF after reading "Moon Called" by Patricia Briggs, but I think some of the earlier fantasy books paved the way, like Barbara Hambly's "Bride of the Rat God". Take the ordinary world and give it a twist -- I love being a writer as well as reader :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.