03 December 2010

To sleep, perchance to ... forget

Why is it when going to sleep I have fantastic ideas that I'll never ever forget and absolutely must write about tomorrow -- but when I wake up, I can't remember them??!!

Memory is one of the weirdest elements of our brain. You never quite know the trigger or what it'll stir up.

The other night I was quietly watching TV (I was not snoozing!) and I saw a chicken pen and the scratched up dirt and my memory instantly dashed off to childhood (Dad kept chooks) and I swear I could smell that yard. Ew.

Anyway, that's my quick weirdness post for Friday -- and no I'm so not sharing the photo of me at age 3 in the chook yard. Besides, it's not digitalised. [Phew. Good save.]

I'm visiting Caridad Pineiro, guest posting at her blog, and I brought along an awesome old photo. It's a mobile home as you've never seen one before. I'm talking about characters and how no matter how interesting their backstory, not all of it makes it explicitly into a novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.