01 December 2010

"What's that?"

Whiptail Wallaby by Quartl
from Wikimedia under Creative Commons license.
A little geographic confusion should never get in the way of an excellent photo. So although the wallaby is from Queensland (and many thanks to Quartl for sharing the image), I'm going to be talking about the Kimberley, Western Australia.

Not that I'm talking for long. It's Improbability Wednesday, but actually I'm making a wish.  I wish new species could be discovered in the Kimberley, renewing our awe and appreciation of wilderness areas and our commitment to save them. Side note: by new species I don't mean insects. In my view, Australia already has too many of them!

If you have a few moments, check out the Kimberley Australia site for more wildlife photos (this time of the Kimberley!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.